Infrastructure Automation Engineer - DevOps Team
Chicago, IllinoisJob ID R74876 Date posted Oct. 19, 2018
Job Title: Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities
The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is an integral part of the Devops/ IaC team leading and facilitating automation efforts of our hosted operations infrastructure. This role is part of small, dedicated, hands-on team of it professionals working to ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong technical business decisions with members of related teams.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects, and DevOps engineers to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration.
- Work with other technical teams to create system and workflow information visible through monitoring systems and web based dashboards.
- Develop tools and implement systems to automate server and other infrastructure provisioning
- Maintain and improve configuration management platform keeping up with the current technologies in the space.
- Implement processes and work with systems to deploy applications to development and production environments.
- Maintain Git version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around “infrastructure as code”.
- Be a technical resource for merge requests, assisting others in writing scripts, and answer questions about use of the infrastructure.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the build, deployment, and continuous integration process.
- Document build, continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Leverage scripting languages to build automated solutions and integrations on an ad-hoc basis. Languages often include PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Ruby and Python across both Windows and Linux systems.
- Work with XML and JSON based APIs to orchestrate integration between infrastructure components.
Skills & Requirements
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn new systems and technology rapidly
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work assignments with minimal supervision
- A background in software development
- Passion for automating Infrastructure, software deployment, and configuration
- An interest in Continuous Delivery and building fully automated deployment pipelines
- Experience setting up and maintaining build processes, deploying code bases to multiple environments and managing releases and configurations
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 or 2012, Linux
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Check_MK, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat,
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Single Sign-On: ADFS, SAML,
- Networking: Application Firewalls, routing, switching, VLANs
- Virtualization: VMware and HyperV
- Load Balancers: F5, Apache
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, Subversion
- Release and CI Tools: Octopus Deploy, GitLab CI, TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI
- VMWare Orchestrator, Puppet Razor
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: TBD
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.