Consultant- Cyber and Disaster Recovery
Chicago, IllinoisJob ID R84307 Date posted May. 31, 2019
This position develops, manages and articulates Cyber Recovery (CR), Disaster Recovery/High Availability (CYBER) solutions based on a client’s strategic business and technical requirements for the Cyber Recovery solutions offering. The CYBER offering includes DELL EMC helping customers with building a Cyber recovery strategy based on the NIST Cyber security framework. This position is responsible for working either independently on a standalone Cyber recovery engagement (Advisory, Design or Implement) or work closely with the CYBER Program Manager (CYBER PM) to define project deliverables and work with the multiple business units across the client’s organization to ensure all activities and deliverables is performed to the client’s satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Well versed with the concepts of Cyber Recovery and the role of Recovery in the NIST Cyber security framework.
- Contributes to the development of client Cyber Recovery strategies, policies and best practices through participation in up front consulting work and planning and design meetings.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of customer stakeholders such as Application, compute, storage and network and design solutions that meet security needs.
- Ability to articulate and design Solution Architecture and Recovery techniques.
- Participates in client change management and IT planning activities, document and apply changes that affect the CYBER program scope. If the changes alter the scope, prepare the change cost/benefit document for review with the CYBER PM.
- Develops and maintains CYBER plans including ensuring the client's operating procedures are fully cross-referenced in those plans. Utilizes CYBER planning software as needed to support these activities.
- Develops and distributes the monthly status reports and contributes necessary content to the quarterly senior client briefings.
- Develops the detailed test objectives and plans, participates in all tests and documents test results. Coordinates and drives action and issue tracking through to completion.
- Reviews and updates the detailed design document to ensure the CYBER solution specifications remain current; validates updates with the CYBER PM and client and technical leads.
- Conducts (minimum annually) a comprehensive review of new research, best practices and methodology and tool updates, leveraging EMC's knowledge base as well as external sources. Documents recommended improvements to the client's program based on the findings; provides high level cost and benefits to support the recommendations.
- Adheres to proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Maintains awareness of existing or potential client software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts CYBER PM of potential problems based upon in depth knowledge of clients application and CYBER environment. Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of EMC and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Performs all EMC internal reporting and information-sharing as required by management; as appropriate participate in EMC account planning and review sessions.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a "Customers for Life" relationship.
- Customer focus and relationship management skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Good technical, organizational skills required for CYBER technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to write for both technical and senior manager levels
- Strong results orientation with attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Project coordination/management skills.
- Experience with development BC/DR/CYBER test plans
- Good understanding of Enterprise architecture and Replication technologies such as VMAX, DATADOMAIN.
- Good understanding of Security concepts such as Access management, authentication, firewall and Hardening
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelors (Business/Computer Science), Cyber certification such as CISSP a plus
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 7 - 10 years total
Travel Requirement: up to 100%