Cloud Transition Manager - Central Region
Chicago, IllinoisJob ID R68577 Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
Cloud Transition Manager - Central Region
JOB LOCATION: Remote, Central United States
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Oversees the entire customer lifecycle from the first customer contact through handover to Virtustream steady-state Application Managed Services team. Responsible for ensuring adherence to process throughout the Sales to Cash life-cycle. Provides support to the project team for escalations and coordination of resources to ensure delivery of services to the Customer. Audits the project/program implementation to ensure the highest level of delivery integrity.
- Provides technical and/or business consultative leadership to Program Management and Project Management teams for simple and/or complex projects.
- Monitors program delivery and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize employee performance and growth. Assists functional Managers with the recruiting and hiring of employees, based on global profiles who can help grow and drive business growth with higher discretion over hires
- Monitors cost-effective and timely delivery of billable implementation services that drive Virtustream product and service revenues. Reviews and refines the implementation plans delivered in engagements
- Responsible for the effective management of the delivery life-cycle process. Leverages Virtustream talent to deliver quality implementations in line with established standards.
- Maintains a level of Project Auditing, prepared to successfully support the delivery of an engagement, through coaching of the process and delivery strategies. Develops strong partner relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies and provides input into the development of Project Management policies, procedures, standards, and strategies.
- Maintains awareness and involvement in existing or potential higher level customer escalation issues
- Ensures compliance with the best practices, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports as directed.
- Works closely with Sales, Solution Architects, Delivery teams, and Managed Services to develop opportunities that deliver Virtustream solutions and provide continual revenue. Manages the cost of engagements against predetermined goals of backlog management.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Sales, Customer Service and Customers to influence and create issue resolution in order to facilitate the viability of overall program delivery.
- Must have at least 10 years of Professional Project Management experience
- Strong cloud integration experience
- Have Pre-sales experience
- Must be able to do 25% travel for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Advanced Degrees preferred)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.