Advisory Global Architect - Enterprise Pre-Sales Central
Chicago, IllinoisJob ID R041617 Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
We are looking for an Advisory Global Architectto join the Enterprise Pre-Sales team and help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise. Provides innovative thought, strategic guidance, and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models.
What makes this exciting:
The Enterprise Architect role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the capabilities of the latest data center technologies.
This role requires the ability to travel 50%.
- Develop, build and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: include CxO, enterprise architects, application development teams and senior management in operations and engineering.
- Provides technical leadership and direction to the customer and internal staff.
- Works with peer group to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and feedback of business requirements back into EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed Dell Technology solution and business case to customers, prospects, and internal sales management.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- 15+ yrs of IT or Digital Transformation within Fortune 500 or similar companies with a Bachelor's degree
- You understand a multi-cloud infrastructure, the impacts to the enterprise environment and the components of the next generation data center.
- First-hand working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture practices, stacks, and styles. Demonstrated mastery in one or more areas including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data
- Executive presence, influence and ability to collaborate & motivate across the organization
- Understands Technology vs. Business Impact
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.