Software Quality Senior Engineer (Java, Web Services)
Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaJob ID R94497 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Software Quality Senior Engineer – Chesterbrook, PA
Dell Boomi, the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud™. The person we are seeking must be a highly motivated professional team player that is willing to work in a fast-paced, technology driven company where each individual’s contributions directly impact our success. Testing at Dell Boomi follows a “prevent-bugs” versus “find-bugs” strategy - our testers collaborate with team members and utilize technical problem solving to engineer quality into the product from feature conception to delivery.
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the fourth year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at www.boomi.com
- Work with a team of developers and testers in a highly agile environment to produce quality software to customers
- Apply development and technical skills to all aspects of QA, including manual and automated functional and integration tests and the setup of production like environments
- Build and maintain functional regression testing suite
- We are looking for QEs that have some experience or knowledge of QA practices to work independently, without needing a set of already formulated acceptance criteria (AC) or test cases to further explore the application and find possible coverage gaps
- Ability to formulate story acceptance criteria by independently gathering information and utilizing available resources to develop automated tests. Be comfortable challenging the intent of the user story and defining/refining the acceptance criteria
- Gain deep knowledge of product functionality
- Develop test plan specifications and test case and advocate for the user
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver and collaborate and communicate with team members and community. We welcome people who are willing to challenge established norms!
- Minimum of 4 + years of testing experience to include test case development and automation testing experience with Selenium WebDriver.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with web application testing including cross browser testing with a solid understanding of at least one of the following - Web Services, SOAP, XML, HTTP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries and Linux commands.
- Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle and enthusiasm for implementing Agile principles. We participate in Agile ceremonies such as planning, designing, grooming and estimating and sprint retrospectives.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited direction and should be a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Analytical skills to deduce the cause of issues in testing environment as well as production environments.
- Experience scripting automated tests regularly with Selenium WebDriver (other scripting languages over record versus play automated tests a plus)
- Proven record of having maintained manual and automated test cases and data sets to ensure efficient test execution and test coverage.
- Application Integration and/or Data Integration (ETL) knowledge is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Boomi Culture / Activities / Events
- Board game nights
- Soccer league team
- $100M Bowling celebration
- Greenlight Hackathon twice a year for a whole week
- Company picnics
- Team lunches
- Community involvement events