Software Engineer (Java, Web Services)
Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaJob ID R97213 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Software Engineer, Boomi in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Today, organizations need to move with increased agility and insight to grow and thrive. Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant and recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes.
Dell Boomi provides the foundation on which your business can evolve and innovate. According to a recent survey by Vanson Bourne, connected businesses are far outpacing their competitors. We help organizations connect everything and engage everywhere across any channel, device or platform. More than 7,000 organizations are using Boomi to run better, faster and smarter.
Organizations across industries and geographies are seeking faster and smarter ways to modernize their digital infrastructure. But the increasing complexities of application and data integration is a growing challenge. And with the accelerating pace of business, companies can’t afford to spend months on complex and resource-intensive integration projects.
The Dell Boomi cloud-native platform provides revolutionary speed and ease for connecting any combination of on-premise or cloud-based applications for automating business process. Our unified platform includes robust support for core integration, master data, API, EDI and workflow management, all based on one unified, “low-code” development environment. By tapping the power of the Boomi platform, any organization can significantly shorten project times, reduce costs, streamline processes and boost productivity. Our technologies connect applications, assure data quality and automate workflows.
Working at Dell Boomi means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers with an entrepreneurial spirit who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Boomi. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/ or visit Boomi Careers.
Dell Boomi develops, deploys, and operates mission critical data integrations for small, medium, and enterprise level customers. Our Engineers within our Boomi team are thought leaders and have significant input into the design and direction of our product. Join us in our mission to make integration accessible to organizations of all sizes.
Dell Boomi Product Overview: https://youtu.be/AcwMPny1uCo
- Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through the software development lifecycle
- Participate in design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of commercial experience in software development using the Java programming language including a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
- Technical understanding of database interaction within an application
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST and SOAP
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of SQL, JDBC, or Hibernate
- Knowledge of SOA concepts
- Experience with Agile development methodology
R&D Team Environment:
- Collaboration and enjoys working with others
- Team player who is eager to help others succeed
- Technical curiosity - Willingness to explore and learn new technologies that are unfamiliar
- Open to sharing new ideas / improvements
- Takes pride in own work
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Company Description – Dell Technologies:
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.