Field Service Engineer
Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaJob ID R042039 Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Field Service Engineer
Location: Chesterbrook, PA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
We’re proud to be in the solutions business at Dell. And our business solutions are built on deep analysis and insight. Our Business Operations team within Business Support develops solutions to current and future challenges. We support activities ranging from marketing and manufacturing to maintenance and more. We define scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of end users, business needs and processes. From analyzing, evaluating and documenting requirements through to specifying solutions, we strive to improve processes and maximize potential.
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Associate Customer Service Engineer with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to visit customer sites to perform break-fix operations and assure customer satisfaction through prompt case closure and customer communication
What you can expect:
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates through a globally consistent and proven program. As an Associate Customer Service Engineer (ACSE I), you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes:
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business.
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools.
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
- After Boot Camp, you will transition into your role and begin working in your full-time role directly impacting Dell’s Total Customer Experience.
Your principal duty will be to learn, understand and begin routinely performing the following customer engineering responsibilities:
- Installation and servicing Dell hardware & software under the guidance of an assigned mentor
- Learn the basics of an install cycle: Performance of pro-active maintenance according to established procedures, adherence to proper escalation procedures and keys to success
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
- Close all cases at the completion of an event
- Assure complete customer satisfaction at the assigned accounts by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism, and periodic visits as needed
- Lift up to 30 lbs. when necessary
- Travel, be on call at select times, work OT hours and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
What you can learn:
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide.
- How to lead through influence.
You are our candidate if:
- You have an Associates in a technical discipline and up to 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency, communicating effectively and having a keen attention to detail.
- You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity.
- You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm.
- You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and you are inclusive and approachable to those around you.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.