Senior DevOps Engineer
Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaJob ID R033509 Date posted Sep. 19, 2019
We are looking to add an experienced DevOps engineer with a background in cloud operations and infrastructure as code automation to join our high performing engineering organization. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Boomi you will work collaboratively with software engineers and fellow DevOps engineers to automate the building, management, monitoring, and scaling of our Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure in an environment of rapid growth. You’ll be responsible for the deployment, technical accuracy, and completeness of integrated system designs across our development, testing, staging, and production environments. We’re not looking for a follower - we expect you to take ownership and to start implementing solutions and solving problems right away. We'll expect you to contribute ideas to improve our architecture and our processes in addition to writing code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience building, scaling, and operating services on AWS or comparable Cloud Service Provider
- 4-6 years of recent automating the provisioning of cloud infrastructure experience using CloudFormation or a similar tool
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience automating routine operational tasks to reduce time consumed
- Proficiency in software languages such as Java, Python, C, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience automating the configuration of servers / virtual machines (were using Ansible, but experience in any similar tool is valuable)
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating system (RHEL preferred) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS)
- Hands on production application systems monitoring, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting experience
- Experience supporting SaaS and Cloud based software solutions
- Knowledge and exposure to Agile and Kanban Processes
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker or ECS, as well as, Git
- Own and improve our infrastructure as code, automation, deployment, and monitoring efforts
- Continuously monitor and improve the stability, performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the Boomi environment
- Automate routine operational tasks, improving efficiency and standardization while reducing time consumption
- Implement security best practices, from OS-level patches to organizational methods
- Work closely with development teams to provide system engineering support and ensure production readiness
- Create internal tooling to improve the Boomi developer and DevOps experience
- Assist with infrastructure planning and implementation
- A team player who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to a high-caliber team
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.