Member of Technical Staff - Product Data Hub
Chennai, IndiaJob ID R1907436 Date posted Aug. 19, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware Business IT (Subscription & Perpetual) and New Technologies Group
Our organization supports VMware SaaS and Perpetual (Order to Cash), Licensing functions with ERP platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility, scale and resiliency. We are building the next generation SaaS Order to Cash platform that can deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We are also enhancing our licensing Order to Cash platform to improve the customer experience and make it more scalable. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
- You demonstrate strong functional expertise in your domain can easily switch between different tools being used in the same domain
- You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
- You strive to excel and to innovate
- Very good techno-functional experience in Oracle EBS R12 PIM/PDH , Inventory and Order Management , Service Contracts and Install Base
- Provide technical subject matter experience, application development support
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical approach, solution, and technical design specifications
- Lead solution design, prototyping, development, and deployment of technical solutions to non- production and production environments.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex system and user issues and coordinate issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as needed
- Review business processes and advise Business analysts on system services available within the Oracle application
- Good Knowledge on Oracle Database (PL/SQL), Java, and OAFramework
- Ability to work in an offshore-onsite global delivery model context
- Provide inputs & knowledge transition to technical team on solution and functional designs. Review the technical designs
- Review the system validation (testing) artifacts & ensure system/integration test execution results adhere to requirements
- Leverage project management skills to effectively plan, track and execute all tasks starting from design until deployment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Certifications in Oracle PDH
- Minimum 5 years of experience in crafting / developing / maintaining highly scalable and resilient system in the SaaS and On-Prem business models
- Strong hands on experience in Oracle Product Data Hub (PDH), Java, OAframework
- Experience in delivering products using agile methodology
- Experience in crafting creative solutions to difficult problems
- Strong Interpersonal skills: Strong presentation/ communication / facilitation/ Good Team player
- Strong Oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with senior executives.
- Flexibility to work both in production support and change requests / implementations as needed
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging business leaders, IT senior leadership and Engineers
- Flexible and should be a quick learner to move to other technologies as needed
Nice to Have Experience
- Experience in SAP MDG is a huge plus
- Experience in API based architecture involving SAP MDG is a huge plus
VMwareisanEqualOpportunityEmployerandProhibitsDiscriminationandHarassmentofAnyKind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.