Business System Analyst (SaaS)
Chennai, IndiaJob ID R1908210 Date posted Aug. 19, 2019
Business System Analyst (SaaS)
Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to help build solutions that facilitate VMware operate more effectively and efficiently. Solution focus areas include supporting CRM features and understanding the peripheral systems that drive CRM functionalities. Candidate will drive the identification, implementation, and modification of business systems to meet user needs and comply with company standards and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works on advanced business systems projects, and is responsible for the complex analysis and requirements definition for applications that automate business processes.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions for which applications are used, interfaces with Business and IT cross function teams to identify and resolve business systems problems, and consults with various users to identify potential improvements.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects in CRM domain
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and vendor to drive CRM implementations
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Key contributor in cross-functional teams, BRD review, development plans, and roadmap development
- Conduct Solution reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution aligned with business requirements
- Create and deliver high quality presentations
- Demonstrates ability to get things done thru influence and relationship building.
- Leads and applies industry standard project management techniques for small to medium size projects.
- Assists planning projects/programs, and supports business process redesign and IT architecture changes.
- Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as necessary
- Experience with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as - Waterfall, Agile
- 4+ yrs experience of successful software project implementations with at least 2 years related to Order management for SaaS
- Top CRM applications specific experience required, eg Salesforce, Oracle, SAP
- Must possess strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Experience leading distributed teams to design architecture and requirements for and oversee development of packaged and integrated solutions
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Experience with upstream & downstream processes & solutions to CRM capabilities such as MDM (Customer, contact, company, product Master), Billing, Invoicing and Booking is a big plus.
- Independent self-motivated ability to learn on the job
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company highly desirable.
- 4-year Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business management or related discipline. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Industry Business Analyst certification would be a plus
- Salesforce, Oracle certifications would be a plus
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.