Virtustream Sales Executive
Charlotte, North CarolinaJob ID R87637 Date posted Jan. 22, 2019
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
As a Virtustream Sales Executive you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly targets.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and execute key sales and business development initiatives to increase sales pipeline
- Drive market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
- Meet or exceed quarterly targets.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Virtustream offerings
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel
- Ideal candidates will have experience selling Managed Services, Consulting Services, Storage Cloud or similar solutions tied to enterprise application management and hosting
- 7+ years significant industry knowledge and experience
- SAP HANA experience is a plus.
- Expert in Cloud Computing, Professional and Managed Services, and/or IT Solutions practice area. Be conversant in Global Service related topics, methodologies, industry trends, and core technologies.
- Must show demonstrable experience in developing C-level relationships : demonstrate business acumen in presenting solutions on an ROI basis, strategies, successful penetration of new accounts, and building successful client relationships across an entire spectrum of buyers, influencers and C-Level decision makers across a broad spectrum of solutions.
- Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiations skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business representatives. Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and execute upon agreed strategy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
- Extensive customer network and expert level hunting skill
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding quota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.