Senior Analyst, Field Service
CanadaJob ID R035668 Date posted Sep. 19, 2019
Senior Analyst, Field Service
(Remote – Kamloops, British Columbia)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 150,000 employees.
We’re proud to be in the solutions business at Dell. And our business solutions are built on deep analysis and insight. Our Business Operations team within Business Support develops solutions to current and future challenges. We support activities ranging from marketing and manufacturing to maintenance and more. We define scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of end users, business needs and processes. From analyzing, evaluating and documenting requirements through to specifying solutions, we strive to improve processes and maximize potential.
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes, so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Senior Analyst, Field Service with Dell, you will primarily be responsible for on-site installation, configuration, implementation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions, which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps or engineers.
- Leads the installation of multiple technical solutions
- Performs advanced troubleshooting techniques to address complex technical issues
- Utilizes independent discretion and decision-making authority to assess and adjust technical solutions based on the specific client issue
- Addresses escalated technical issues from less experienced team members
- Activities are diverse in nature and require independent judgment in determining the most appropriate course of action for the specific technical issue
- Works autonomously in providing on-site technical support to customers
- Works autonomously in delivering installation services
- Prepares documentation to record and track project status
- Effectively communicates both verbally and written to customers and internal partners
- Manages difficult and escalated customer situations with a focus on building positive customer relationships
- Understands internal service processes and able to articulate these to customers
- Strong technical and product knowledge
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
** Mileage is paid for this role.
Company Description – Dell Technologies:
With more than 150,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell Canada Inc. (“Dell”) committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Dell will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation, please contact your recruiter.