Bilingual Senior Advisor, Service Delivery
CanadaJob ID R032544 Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Location - Quebec
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Field Engineer on our Infrastructure Delivery Services team in Canada.
Dell customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. Service Delivery is all about making sure our technical solutions help clients fulfil their priorities, challenges and initiatives. As trusted advisors, we build in-depth knowledge of what each client wants to achieve. Then we make sure the services delivered by Dell deliver on all our promises. We also work closely with Sales and Global Services colleagues to develop strategic account growth plans, and to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
- Plan and deploy complex and highly advanced hardware/software solutions and services.
- Subject matter expert in key technology areas.
- Identify, define, and establish organizational common practices.
- Develops and delivers ad-hoc training in their relevant specialties to their entire team.
- High level consultant who has in-depth knowledge across many of Dell’s products and very advanced knowledge in two or three key areas.
- Provides strong technical knowledge and solution planning for the field services organization and engagement in a hybrid of complex or sensitive customer situations
- Strong experience with Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV)
- Strong experience with Layer 2/3 switching
- Expertise in Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Expertise in SAN including iSCSI and Fiber Channel, FCoE, Windows, Linux, VMware, Force10, Brocade.
- Experience with Data Migration, Replication, methodologies and tools
- Experience in data protection technology, basic concept and approach
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 lbs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating Dell service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
- VCP, CCNA, RHCE/T, MCSE, BCFP certifications are a plus
- 4+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree
Job functions to include, but are not limited to:
- Document, plan and implement heterogeneous SAN/NAS, Hyperconverged Products.
- Core / Edge, L2/L3 Networks & SDN (Software define Networking).
- Document, plan and implement advanced software (e.g. Replication, Snapshot technology, Disaster recovery, SQL)
- Backup production readiness (e.g. Backup software planning and/or deployment)
- Storage upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Enclosure/host adds (non-Windows)
- Virtualization implementation planning (VMware and/or HyperV)
- Data migration
- iSCSI/FC/FCoE related Switch Configuration
- Customer facing remote and onsite deployment of solutions
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to both champion and challenge world-class services on a global stage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 09/30/2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.