Senior Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Data Protection - Enterprise
CaliforniaJob ID R88619 Date posted Jul. 08, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
About DPS Division (Data Protection Solutions)
At the Data Protection Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including Data Domain, the #1 deduplication storage system, and Avamar, the #1 deduplication software and system. DELL has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows DELL with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the DELL Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
The DPS team is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.
- Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
- Understands DELL and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required.
- Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, and train the account team.
- Develops relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Strategizes and executes technical sales calls
- Configures and documents DELL software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Assumes a support role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed DELL solution and business case to customers, prospects and DELL management. Participates in mentorship of more junior TC family members.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. DELL Proven Professional Certification desired.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 8+ yrs of applicable experience with a University degree in a technical discipline
- Enterprise systems engineering / presales experience
- A self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Deep expertise in backup and recovery (NBU, Veeam, Rubrik, Avamar, Data Domain, RecoverPoint, Networker, Veritas, etc) including knowledge of next generation storage architectures: SAN, NAS or iSCSI.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with CxO / VP level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers