Dell VMware Outside Sales Specialist
CaliforniaJob ID R23508 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
VMware Outside Sales Specialist II
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 155,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself.
Dell is hiring and we are looking to grow our Dell VMware Team for Outside Sales Product Specialist II (Software Solutions and Infrastructure). Positions are in the field and will be remote.
If you have a strong sales and technical background in building relationships and a true passion for selling and acquiring new accounts to provide best solution for our customers…We would love to hear from you!
- The Job Description:
- Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
- Attains volume objectives.
- Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
- Deployed against qualified opportunities.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
- Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
Overview of Daily Tasks:
- On site customer visits
- Daily communication with inside and outside team members
- Email Management and correspondence
- Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. after point of sale, warranty tags, break fix, managed/professional services.)
- Sells to a small number of medium to large accounts, or owns small to large size accounts in a specified territory
- Will typically deal with more than one decision maker unless dealing with multiple small/medium business owners across a broader account set.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services
- Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding
- Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
- Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
- Key point of contact for customer but may escalate customer issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Work is guided by sales objectives
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- Provide guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
Experience and Skills Required
- 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Undergraduate degree and 4+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Code: D05624