Data Center Compute Technical Sales Executive
Remote - California, United States (Bay Area)Job ID R040686 Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Data Center Compute Technical Sales Executive - Bay Area
Dell Technologies is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Systems Consultant based in Seattle to join our Data Center Compute organization. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
The Systems Consultant is a quota carrying, technical sales resource focused on driving the sale of Dell data center solutions with specific focus on PowerEdge, Hyper-converged solutions, Cloud computing (Hybrid, Private/Public) EqualLogic, Compellent, Powervault, PowerSwitch and Security.
This Systems Consultant will work with first line sales teams to drive comprehensive Dell data center solutions based on a thorough understanding of both short and long term customer requirements. As an integral part of the Dell sales team they are responsible for providing subject matter expertise to both customers and the sales teams to ensure that all requirements and objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of sales strategies, thoughtful discovery of customer requirements and subsequent solution proposal development, delivery of product presentations, product demonstrations, and customer focused seminars.
What makes this exciting:
- Gains access and manages relationships with executive level personnel and decision makers
- Demonstrates the value of a complex product and/or service technology to advance customers business objectives
- Investigates unusual and complex matters of significance discovered by other product specialists to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems
- Provides insight and thought leadership to critical customers concerning applicability of our most advanced products and service technologies
- Uses a complete and expert understanding of the industry, competitors, and market place to present a highly differentiated and positive value of our solution
- Leverages third party/channel expertise on a regular basis as part of complex solutions to position the overall value of our solution
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- Based in San Jose area
- Solid knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies
- Good knowledge of product configurations
- Typically 4+ years of related experience in a relationship selling and field sales experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.