Account Executive - Public Sector - California - Secureworks Sales
CaliforniaJob ID R031343 Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
Account Executive (Public Sector) - Secureworks
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Account Executive has responsibility for prospecting and closing new and cross sale business in an assigned region focusing on public sector accounts. The portfolio is comprised of the following: Security Management and Orchestration, Vulnerability Management Services, Advanced Threat Services, Security Monitoring, Threat Intelligence Services, Cloud Security, Emergency and Proactive Incident Response, Strategic Advisory Services, Security Program Development, Risk Management, Controls and Compliance, and Adversarial Security Testing.
With the support of our Security Architect’s and you will utilize a consultative sales approach to map Secureworks service offerings to the clients’ needs.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Responsible for overall sales strategies and generating positive business outcomes for our clients, which may be complex environments
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both Secureworks and its solutions to differentiate our capabilities to clients.
- Develop a deep understanding of both the customers and competitive landscape, enabling a business dialogue to be conducted with C-level
- Acts as a source of expertise for others in the sales function
- Masters all corporate training materials, and stays current on enablement track and competency development
- Prospect, sell and close business into public sector accounts in assigned region
- Develop, maintain and share Customer Account Plans for your top strategic accounts, ensure theses are current, factual and easily accessible by the virtual team
- Ability to manage the sales process with tight control over each stage
- Provides accurate and timely forecasts in SFDC
- Manage pipeline and KPI to ensure seller is well positioned for consistent and long term success
- Builds and maintains network of colleagues and customers to share information and obtain prospects
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in direct sales/account management in technology, information security or managed service industry
- Public sector / SLED Sales experience – proven success within the IT / software space
- Experience in combination of technology and services; preferably managed security services
- Experience in managing sales cycles that can be lengthy, complex, and contract-heavy
- Solid technical acumen (information security and technology, technology services, networking)
- Experience with selling all new business to the public sector
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems)
Remote - California
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.