Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant (Networking) Calgary or Vancouver
Calgary, CanadaJob ID R93821 Date posted Feb. 14, 2019
The Dell EMC Global Compute and Networking team is looking for a Channel Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant to represent our Enterprise product line (Server and Networking).
Dell EMC Canada is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional individuals who want to work for an extraordinary company. We seek individuals who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability - people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our clients' success.
A career in pre-sales is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a consultative selling role that represents our enterprise infrastructure suite of solutions.
LOCATIONS: Calgary or Vancouver
- Work with assigned partner account executives and inside sales teams within the unassigned VAR community to drive and grow the enterprise business within their specific customer account set
- Work interdependently with account team members, but be very effective independently to grow the Enterprise business
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing Enterprise Server and Networking technology solutions
- Become the technical and business value trusted advisor to key partners and customers and ensure they understand how technology can contribute to their individual and corporate success
- Develop and execute on a plan to grow the territory for the given solution set and to hit / exceed allocated quota
- Maintain good technical understanding of Dell solutions and how they compare to key competitors
- Be a student of IT and have a detailed understanding of future trends in technology that affect the customer decision making process, always have a point of view in relation to technology and trends
- Takes responsibility for solution documentation including RFP responses, working in a larger team environment
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience and a University degree.
- Good technical knowledge of the following; Hyper Converged and Converged architectures, Core and Edge Networking, Server technologies, External storage solutions, virtualization, software defined infrastructure, data protection solutions
- Understanding of solution design processes, needs assessment and ability to translate business need into technical design
- Sales background or demonstrable ability to operate in a high pressure sales environment
- Ability to effectively manage time to focus on key tasks in a high velocity business
- BA/ BSc Degree or equivalent experience
Dell Canada Inc. (“Dell”) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Dell will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation, please contact your recruiter.