Advisory Solutions Consultant - Commercial Pre-Sales
Calgary, CanadaJob ID R28997 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
This position defines the overall Dell solution for customers, assisting sales in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Research industry agendas aligning technology pressures to showcase Dell Technologies portfolio of solutions which align deliver business outcomes.
- Clear understanding of technology transformation agendas Security, Cloud, Workforce and Application
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed Dell Technologies solutions and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers and influencers: from CxO level to enterprise architects to delivery.
- Develop a joint comprehensive portfolio of industry and application solutions.
- Establish a global engagement model to support
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the broader account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Sales to create, maintain and communicate a federated account technology plan to the federated virtual team on a quarterly interval
- Develop and communicates competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign
- Participates in and contributes to key vertical industry forums
- Strong Industry experience - Telco, Retail, Manufacturing, FSI, Health and Energy
- 12+ yrs of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline typically preferred.
- Extensive pre-sales consulting experience.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to data center architecture including SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, Cloud, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Understands how to develop and manage a portfolio of solutions
- Working knowledge of one of cloud architectures, agile application development frameworks and/or data analytics concepts
- Possesses hands-on ability in appropriate technology fields, for example business architecture, application programming, and infrastructure service delivery.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-driven personality.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Solid organizational and program management skills
- Consultative skills.
- Effective mentor and coach.
- Team leadership qualities
Dell Canada Inc. (“Dell”) is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Dell will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you need accommodation, please contact your recruiter.