Technical Support Engineer- Live Optics
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R78621 Date posted Jun. 03, 2019
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Advisor Engineer on our Live Optics team in Cairo.
Dell EMC Live Optics™ is the next generation of IT workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics for IT environments. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies. Our software is ground zero for creating a digital experience between vendors and their customers in the marketplace. Live Optics is a blend of big data, social media, and hard core analytics. Live Optics is also one of the world’s largest databases of datacenter workload performance needs.
The Dell EMC Live Optics team is experiencing growth and is rapidly expanding in Cork. Each member of Live Optics is expected and encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips.
As a Technical Support Engineer for Live Optics, you will take end-to-end ownership of field requests from both internal and external customers as well as channel partners. You will work closely with cross functional teams and other technical business units to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues. Core responsibilities include:
- Updating and reporting on customer cases opened through the Live Optics ticketing system
- Application of technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve technical issues. Troubleshooting issues within a customer environment.
- Effective communication of procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced environment.
- Monitoring and tracking of all service calls. Provision of status updates at regular intervals and communication of status to customers using tracking databases/systems.
- Development of technical and business knowledge related to Live Optics and any hardware/software/firmware related to Live Optics features.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine the best path to resolution for customer issues
- Experience with Storage, Data Protection and Virtualization technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language
- 3+ years’ experience in a ticketing based Technical Support or Customer Service role
- Solid knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows / Linux / VMware)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required
- Demonstrated advanced ability to diagnose and resolve issues through review of technical logs and use of diagnostic tools
- Demonstrated experience of basic administration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience scheduling and conducting customer facing support calls to facilitate troubleshooting
- Knowledge of and experience using scripting languages such as python/bash/perl
- Written and verbal fluency in additional languages
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.