Technical Support Engineer 2
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R047192 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will work directly with global customers and DELL EMC/Isilon personnel via e-mail, phone, and remote desktop software to provide technical assistance towards the prompt resolution of complex technical problems. To achieve that, TSE’s work in a collaborative 7x24x365 environment leveraging global resources to reduce the time it takes to provide problem resolution. TSEs will support the full line of Isilon products within Unstructured Data division.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Obtain data from customers to get a thorough understanding of customer requirements and problems.
- Interface with customers via e-mail, phone and/or WebEx.
- Analyze logs and core files as needed to work towards resolution of customer issues.
- Work with 3rd party service providers in the process of analyzing and resolving customer issues.
- Generate problem reports in Bugzilla to coordinate with engineering to obtain quick resolutions for customer related issues.
- Answer live incoming phone calls and respond to e-mails to troubleshoot, manage, collaborate and resolve customer problems related to the Isilon product family.
- Create content for the knowledge base through accurate case documentation.
- Active Directory
- File System
Experience Required & certifications
- 3+ years Technical Support experience (NAS, Storage environment preferred)
- Previous troubleshooting experience
- Bachelors or equivalent working experience.
- ISM and CCNA are a plus