Technical Support Engineer 1 - Live Optics
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R025830 Date posted Jul. 28, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Advisor Engineer on our Live Optics team in Cairo.
Dell EMC Live Optics™ is the next generation of IT workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics for IT environments. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies. Our software is ground zero for creating a digital experience between vendors and their customers in the marketplace. Live Optics is a blend of big data, social media, and hard core analytics. Live Optics is also one of the world’s largest databases of datacenter workload performance needs.
The Dell EMC Live Optics team is experiencing growth and is rapidly expanding in Cairo. Each member of Live Optics is expected and encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips.
As a Technical Support Engineer for Live Optics, you will take end-to-end ownership of field requests from both internal and external customers as well as channel partners. You will work closely with cross functional teams and other technical business units to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues.
Core responsibilities include:
- Updating and reporting on customer cases opened through the Live Optics ticketing system
- Application of technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic procedures to resolve technical issues. Troubleshooting issues within a customer environment.
- Effective communication of procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitoring and tracking of all service calls. Provision of status updates at regular intervals and communication of status to customers using tracking databases/systems.
- Development of technical and business knowledge related to Live Optics and any hardware/software/firmware related to Live Optics features.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine the best path to resolution for customer issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Understanding of Storage, Virtualization, and other data center technologies
- Solid understanding of operating systems and basic Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a ticket-based Technical Support or Customer Service role
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues through review of technical logs and use of diagnostic tools
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of and experience using scripting languages such as python/bash/perl
- Experience scheduling and conducting customer facing support calls to facilitate troubleshooting
- Written and verbal fluency in additional languages