Sr Solution Architect – DPS
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R57982 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Deployment Services is part of the Global Support and Deployment Services organization and is focused on delivering world class services to help our customers maximize value of DellEMC Storage, Data Protection and Converged Solutions. Our service Portfolio consists of implementation (design & planning, installation & implementation, configuration & integration, upgrade & expansion), data migration and residency services. Our key objectives are driving world class customer experience, industry leading team member experience and services growth, as well as contributing to the financial success of Dell Technologies with profitable services revenue.
As a Senior Solution Architect within this function, you will provide technical and/or business consultative leadership during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle. You may provide technical or business analytical leadership for specific product groups or business objectives in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement.
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies and best practices through participation in management meetings and other direct contributions. Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a ''Customers for Life'' relationship.
- Adheres to proper escalation and change control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of Dell EMC and industry products and solutions through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Supports the design and development of the technical content defined in the statement of work. Designs the Dell EMC solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the project management to develop the implementation plan. Works closely with the project management to define project deliverables and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage Dell EMC and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Participates, as needed, as a technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be a delivered in the engagement. May be responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. May be responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Participates in requirements gathering for project engagements.
- Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team and performing QA reviews of code documentation.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and subject matter expertise to clients in the delivery of enterprise IT solutions
- Lead and mentor a team and provide technical mentorship to associate team members and new hired.
- Designs quality control and test procedures to ensure the deliverables meet established design and performance goals
- Strong Experience in Dell EMC DPS (Networker, Data Domain, Avamar, IDPA,…etc) products implementation and integration
- At minimum, Expert Dell EMC Proven Certification in at least 2 DPS products.
- Familiarity with the following products and technologies: Symmetrix, VMAX, Unity, Vblock, VPLEX, CI/HCI, VMware Service Manager, vShiels, vCenter Orchestrator, vCloud Director, vCenter Operations, Networking/vCNS.
- Good understanding of mission-critical applications used in Telco and FSI (e.g. Billing, Core Banking,…etc)
- Strong technical aptitude subject matter expertise required to work closely with Proposal Management Team to help in validating and estimating Dell EMC Deploy Services.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments specifically Windows and Unix
- Proficiency in Unix Shell Scripting, Pearl Scripting and Powershell
- Experience around DPS assessments and strategy design
- Familiarity of Software-Defined Data Centre (SDDC) and software-defined storage architectures
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work effectively in a team environment, customer facing skills / experience and experience in building and managing strong relationship with clients
- Other general skills requirements include problem-solving, organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise is required to work closely with Proposal Management Team to help in validating and estimating Dell EMC Deploy Services.
- Project planning Skills
- Knowledge of VMware, HyperV and other virtualization platforms.
- Certified in ITIL V3 Foundations level and / or TOGAF foundational level
- Experience producing enterprise transformation and migration plans, detailed instructions and schedules, as well as migration execution.
- Experience delivering accelerated storage migrations
- Appreciation of enterprise and system / application architecture
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.