Software Engineering Manager
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R66691 Date posted Jul. 04, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Live Optics Group at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team in Cairo, Egypt
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell EMC Live Optics™ is the next generation of workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics. The Live Optics team is rapidly growing as it is ground zero for creating a digital experience between vendors and their customers in the marketplace. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies.
Live Optics is a blend of big data, social media, and hard core analytics. Candidates will be pushed to their technical limits as they use cutting edge techniques to develop and deliver in a fast paced environment. Each member of Live Optics is expected and encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips.
We need a technical manager who will build and manage a new Live Optics enterprise software engineering team based in Cairo. This manager will oversee this new team and will report to the Senior Engineering Manager based overseas. Live Optics has a distributed software development team, with groups in various locations in the United States and Ireland and as a result travel will be required 2-3 times a year.
- Assist in the recruitment of a new software development team based in Cairo
- Day to day management of the Live Optics Cairo team
- Ingest design requirements from the Live Optics leadership and disseminate tasks to team members
- Coordination with the Live Optics leadership to provide software release schedules
- Oversee software release management for the Cairo team
- Regular communication with Live Optics leadership on progress, milestone achievement, and delays
- Encouraging and inspiring team members to excel both individually and as a cohesive group.
- 4+ years prior experience managing a software development team in addition to hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with both Agile and Dev-Ops software development methodologies
- Solid communication and people skills
- Solid tool background with Jira, Github, Confluence (or similar tools)
- .NET, C#, Java, C++ development experience
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.