Senior DevOps Engineer
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R81225 Date posted Jul. 14, 2019
IOT DevOps Engineer
IOT DevOps Engineer
Harnessing the full potential of IoT requires adding intelligence to every stage. Smarter data gathering at the edge, smarter compute at the core and deeper learning at the cloud computing stage driving up the IQ of IoT. From self-driving cars to self-monitoring jet engines to self-regulating factories, sensors at the edge need to generate and act on smarter data.
The IOT Software Engineering team delivers new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop products enabling the full potential of the data in the edge-core-cloud continuum all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a team with a great mix of technology enthusiasts (Developers, DevOps Engineers & data scientists), product and sales professionals. Candidates should display abilities to innovate and be creative.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees all over the world providing them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates taking pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
- Provide technical direction and tooling for the design and implementation of CI/CD processes in the form of pipelines to deliver microservices.
- Operating and refining the platform, growing and adapting it to support the needs of the business.
- Assess the existing tools and practices of several software development teams, and analyze the changes and requirements necessary to improve.
- Quickly responds to incident alerts collaborating with relevant teams to find resolution.
- Proactively monitors applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including Dev team and leadership.
- Develops and executes automated and manual smoke tests for the core system.
- Provides management, maintenance, monitoring, automation and infrastructure as code for microservices in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Working side by side with developers, product managers, product owner, program managers and key executives to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance.
- Agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Extensive experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language (preferably bash).
- Experience managing one of the CI/CD tools preferably ConcourseCI.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages and application servers.
- Knowledge of automation frameworks and configuration management using Ansible.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Expertise with containerization technologies – Docker.
- Experience with setting up and using continuous monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, etc…).
- Experience with working in and maintaining one of the following PaaS environments ; Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry or Mesos.
- Familiar with Agile methodology, TDD and XP.
- Experience with version control (ex: Git).
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.