Consultant, Project / Program Manager
Cairo, EgyptJob ID R14826 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
Deployment Services is part of the Global Support and Deployment Services organization and is focused on delivering world class services to help our customers maximize value of DellEMC Storage, Data Protection and Converged Solutions. Our service Portfolio consists of implementation (design & planning, installation & implementation, configuration & integration, upgrade & expansion), data migration and residency services. Our key objectives are driving world class customer experience, industry leading team member experience and services growth, as well as contributing to the financial success of Dell Technologies with profitable services revenue.
As a Sr Project Manager you will manage the delivery of ''billable'' Consulting Services & Professional Services for Dell EMC engagements. You will be responsible for managing the life cycle of moderately complex, moderate risk projects from architectural design through to customer and customer service turnover. Responsible for the development and execution of an implementation plan that articulates the role of Dell EMC in the delivery of the designed solution. You will ensure implementation of activities is coordinated with Dell EMC talent and Partner Resources. You will act as primary interface to the customer, vendor and all Dell EMC personnel associated with the engagement. You will work under the general direction of a Program Delivery Lead/Manager.
You’ll be responsible to follow and execute Dell EMC's revenue recognition rules and policies, working with program delivery management to coordinate and validate weekly revenue forecasts, maintaining project profitable delivery.
- Responsible for all project activities during the project initiation, establishment, execution and conclusion phases for: planning, setting up, and executing the project activities, managing dependencies, and ensuring that the project goals are met and that the customer’s business requirements are fulfilled, and in the agreed timeline / budget.
- Responsible for the delivery of the project plan, the detailed Statement of Work (SOW) and Services Proposal content developed for the customer base upon customer requirements and system architecture
- Maintains and submits clear and concise activity/progress/time recording reports to customers, management, and sales.
- Communicates to all Dell EMC concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues, whilst proactively following the Dell EMC escalation and change control process
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Articulates the full value of the Dell EMC Solutions and Dell EMC Services business benefit to the customer.
- Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to all stakeholders (Customers, Sales and Delivery personnel), providing a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement
- At least 7 years experience in technology / services related Project Management, managing large enterprise projects.
- Accustomed to working in a dynamic, high pressure, fast-paced,matrix environment – ability to multi-task is essential.
- Certification in Project management and a good, general grasp of technology.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in complex end to end and systems integration projects, among Telecom/Oil and Gas/Financial sectors.
- Knowledge of Dell EMC, Dell, VMware, Pivotal, Virtustream, RSA and SecueWorks product portfolio.
- Other general requirements include strong skills around Finance, Communication, Leadership, Consultative, Interpersonal / Consultative.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification
- ITIL certification
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.