Systems Development Engineer/Product Support Engineer
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R27872 Date posted Mar. 10, 2019
- Meet team project productivity and address issues affecting the Engineering Operations.
- Be the Point of Contact for engineering issues within the team related to Tools, Process and skills and takes timely appropriate teams until issue closure.
- Have expertise to handle complex project.
- Have excellent messaging and Communication skills a requirement.
- Have excellent knowledge of all services supported by the Project Engineering Team
- Assist quality team with any issues/concerns/knowledge sharing to benefit team.
- Have expertise in project setup requirements as per technical requirements.
- Have expertise in scripting both python for MES/FIOF environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both Dell Legacy and ODM environment related queries.
- Engage with IT/Process/Technology teams to improve / enhance existing tools, processes.
- Liaise with other Dell facilities to ensure Best of Breed practices implemented in APJ.
- Apply documented ISO procedures for all engineering tasks and engage with process engineering to apply updates when required.
- Provide Training and Mentoring to other engineers in the engineering teams.
- Display proactive approach & engage with Quality/Process/Tools teams on escalations and queries, assist in RCA of all issues.
- Display positive approach to working in a changing and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of all Engineering Tools. FMT, PET suite, ASMC, etc.
- Knowledge of Dell Process Tools. Item Usage, WIPS, OFS, etc.
- Backup cover for WIP Lead if team under resourced.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Architecture
- Knowledge of Desktop/Notebook/Server HW Architecture
- Knowledge of Python Scripting or UNIX bash shell scripts
- Knowledge of Perl or DOS batch scripts
- Must be able to work on own initiative & have strong communications skills.
- Must be able to work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Engineering Degree with 4-5 years experience in a technical similar role or Diploma/Cert with minimum 6-7 years experience in a technical similar role.