Sr. Analyst, Purchasing
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R048844 Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
Sr. Analyst, Purchasing
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Analyst, Purchasing (I6) on our Cost Analysis - Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
Dell’s is one of the Best Run Supply Chain’s in the world - renowned for its efficiency and speed of execution. Dell pioneered the Dell Direct Model enabled by a supply chain that generated significant cost and speed efficiencies. Over the last few years, Dell has enabled numerous other sales channels including retail and manufacturing with partner ODMs. The Dell SC is getting transformed with multiple modes of manufacturing and fulfillment to service demands from different customer segments.
Supply Chain Nerve Center (SCNC) is at the heart of Dell’s Global Supply Chain Operations enabling and monitoring the execution of end to end supply chain on a daily basis. SCNC is responsible for planning and governance of key areas like weekly and quarterly shipments, backlog levels, Customer experience metrics, etc and monitoring and analysis of all key supply chain metrics ranging from demand planning to customer delivery. The key objective is to help Dell’s global operations to streamline processes, cut costs and improve efficiencies. The team has a very strong pool of talent coming from premier schools and industries and possesses diverse expertise and skill sets. It’s the place to be for “work hard, play hard”.
- The Cost analyst will work with Procurement, Finance, Operation and other functional terms to:
· Run spend analytics and highlight focus categories for cost reduction.
· Validate cost components of each LOB to ensure accuracy.
· Roll up BoM cost for each platform and report and fix the discrepancies.
· Review and drive improvement in Purchase Price Variance (PPV) and reconcile the cost differential.
· Support analysis on Clean Sheet gaps, BoM cost, TAM allocation, cost forecast, NRE etc.
· Answering and responsible cost related question from stakeholders.
- Ensuring the effective use of existing business systems and process to meet business result and organization goal. Analyze and extract relevant information from business data to help automate and optimize key processes. Creatively visualize and effectively communicate data findings and insights in a variety of formats.
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 1+ years with a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience (in supply chain, project management).
- Basic communication / interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of global supply chain, manufacturing footprint and business environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, strong interpersonal is preferred.
- Proficient of office applicants (MS Office, Excel, Power Point).
- Previous experience in procurement (buyers) or GO finance.
- Prefer knowledge of Advanced Excel and/or Access skills (VBA, macros, Power BI etc.).
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.