Senior Systems Development Engineer
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R045680 Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Be the Point of Contact for engineering issues related to Tools and Process, and drive issue closure.
- Have good communication skills in translating customer requirements to engineering requirements vice-versa.
- Have good knowledge of Dell systems development processes and the relevant tools usage.
- Assist quality team with any issues/concerns/knowledge sharing to benefit team.
- Have expertise in project setup requirements as per technical requirements.
- Have expertise in scripting both python for MES/FIOF environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both Dell Legacy and ODM environment related queries.
- Engage with IT/Process/Technology teams to improve / enhance existing tools and processes.
- Liaise with other Dell facilities to ensure Best of Breed practices implementation.
- Apply documented ISO procedures for all engineering tasks and engage with process engineering to apply updates when required.
- Coach and mentor less experience engineers.
- Proactive in approaching & engaging other teams on escalations and queries.
- Drive / assist in RCA of all issues and drive for the respective solution implementation.
- Own and drive a cross team and/or global technology initiative.
- Positive approach working in a changing and challenging environment.
- Backup cover for WIP Lead if team under resourced.
- As Technical leader practicing at least one global role in technology driving.
- Knowledge of Desktop/Notebook/Server hardware and software architecture.
- Knowledge of various Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Knowledge of Python Scripting or UNIX bash shell scripts
- Knowledge in programming languages and scripts that common practice in the industry.
- Knowledge of project/program management and able to lead/drive the respective project/program to success.
- Must be able to work on own initiative & have strong communications skills.
- Must be able to work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Engineering Degree with 6-7 years experience in a technical similar role or Diploma/Cert with minimum 9-10 years experience in a technical similar role.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems Architecture
- Knowledge of Perl or DOS batch scripts
- Programming experience in .NET, HTML, ASP, Ruby, C/C++, Java, Spring framework