Senior Advisor, Purchasing
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R044189 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
Senior Advisor, Purchasing
Dell Bukit Mertajam
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor on our Purchasing team in Dell Bukit Mertajam (APCC2).
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- With advanced knowledge of commodity area as well as financial and business analysis and leadership capabilities, develops and fosters cooperative relationships to analyze situations and forecasted trends accurately and develop effective courses of action and proposals to optimize supply while conducting supplier business reviews, supporting quality audits, visiting suppliers, gaining process knowledge and investigating information on new technologies.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for new and existing materials, goods or services and driving key initiatives with suppliers.
- Reviews necessary invoices with accounts payable and proactively ensures the supply base is managing material levels while driving behavior change in suppliers to meet expectations.
- Interacts with other internal groups while managing cost of purchased materials against current standard cost and actively leading or participating in events focused on increasing the amount of product on pull within the supply base.
- Occasionally guides, directs and leads less experienced members of the team.
- Strong ability to track supply and availability of components, materials and or services
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work effectively with senior management
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Possesses operational command of the business
- Strong organizational skills
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.