Manager 2, Purchasing
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R99715 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Manager 2, Purchasing
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Manager 2, Purchasing (M8) on our Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Financial and business analysis as well as supplier economic techniques and makes specific assignments to Buyers to effectively achieve cost and availability goals while fostering strong supplier management relationships and working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Supports a total cost reduction program within their plant and prepares monthly reports outlining major activities.
- Demonstrates a high level understanding with Oracle Purchasing and has working knowledge of e-Procurement tools.
- Ensures that all purchasing activities are carried out efficiently within budget.
- Manages the processing of all purchase orders as well as interactions with key suppliers to maintain strong business relationships.
- Responsible for resolving disputes surrounding operational issues such as Responsible to develop and maintain mid level contact with key suppliers.
- Visit supplier sites to investigate supplier's ability to meet quality requirements, specifications and delivery dates.
- Conduct regular information exchanges with suppliers.
- Develops personnel through various techniques.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Communication skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Leadership Skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.