Assistant, Quality Control
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R85640 Date posted Jan. 04, 2019
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Assistant, Quality Control (I2) on our Production team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
When you’re creating technologies that drive human progress, nothing short of the highest standards of quality will do. Our Quality Control team within Production is more than equal to the challenge of ensuring we comply with GMP, ISO and other requirements. We develop and drive quality metrics while managing the design and installation of quality control processes, procedures and statistical techniques. We’re so skilled in conducting build audit, enhanced functional testing or customer audit that we also deliver training on quality assurance systems to colleagues.
- Assists in trouble-shooting and determining root cause for quality issues on production floor.
- Alerts engineering and operations to conditions that may adversely impact the customer experience.
- Responsible for audits, incoming quality assurance, and feedback and reporting.
- Makes standard fixes.
- Escalates technical issues to more experienced techs as needed.
- Performs quality audits.
- Diagnose test errors and test status from diagnostic codes and related indicators.
- Able to test equipment in multiple product lines. Works under general supervision.
- Typically requires 1+ years of related experience.
- Solid product build/product support experience.
- Solid equipment and tool (mechanical/electrical) skills.
- Solid knowledge of assembly processes, procedures, test process, software download and set up.
- Solid diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can bring industry knowledge and troubleshooting skills within the QC environment, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.