Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R044517 Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Bukit Mertajam, Penang
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Analyst, Purchasing on our Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- With basic knowledge of commodity areas, purchasing, product return processes and specific role related activities, develops and fosters cooperative relationships while analyzing situations accurately and developing effective courses of action.
- Participates as a member of cross-functional teams to manage cost of returned materials against current quarterly supplier pricing, occasionally obtaining price quotes for materials and services.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for a variety of goods, services and materials.
- Reviews necessary invoices with accounts payable and follows up with vendors regarding order status.
- Manages supplier's performance as well as internal requirements such as accurately completing purchasing documentation.
- Manages delivery, purchasing ROI, system data integrity and supply chain risk.
- Keeps interested departments advised with respect to lead-time and delivery of critical material or products
- Typically requires a minimum 0+ years of related experience; or equivalent experience.
- Basic ability to track supply and availability of components, materials and or services.
- Basic communication skills.
- Basic interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Results driven.
- Basic cross-functional skill.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the logistical skills and attention to detail to get our customers’ products to them on time, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.