Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R60622 Date posted Feb. 19, 2019
- Functional management of end user screening to denied and restricted party lists on every company transaction
- Reviews all new products and technologies to determine export capability and license requirements.
- Provides import and export product classifications, adhering to US and regional regulations.
- Submits appropriate import/export license requests and ensures strict adherence to license requirements.
- Insures accurate product values and country of origin are provided in international transactions and trade programs.
- Reviews and approves all export transactions – end user, end use, country of destination.
- Manages “Red Flag” issues including embargoed countries and boycotts.
- Maintains all records per established recordkeeping regulations.
- Provides Trade Compliance training materials and support for the company's annual and ongoing compliance training requirements.
- Provides international documentation where required, including content, format, and electronic communication.
- Audits import and export documentation and information flows to insure compliance to US and regional trade regulations.
- Provides strategic and tactical support for enabling compliant international supply chains – process and tool development.
- Develops daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics indicating trade related financial measures, import and export performance measures, program and project updates, and cycle time and cost performance indicators.
- Manages customs broker performance – insures compliance to the effective trade regulations, cost and cycle time performance.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customs and government trade authorities – influences trade policy.
- Develops strategies to reduce international, non-freight landed costs – leverages trade programs, customs rulings, and trade regulations.
- Manages regional and global trade programs to minimize cross border cycle time and improve supply chain security.
- Works under direction to assist with standard import/export processes and procedures.
- Assists in communication/discussions with the freight forwarder/customers broker.
- Assists in filling out paperwork and providing relevant import/export information to partners/customers.
- Supports small to medium sized projects to help implement continuous improvement processes and policies.
- With guided supervision, helps to maintain the companies
- Foreign trade data Assists with export compliance, export licensing and order screening
- Typically requires a minimum 0+ years of related experience; or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of import and export requirements