Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R99040 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisor, Purchasing (I7) on our Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
1. Ensuring the most effective use of existing business systems and process to meet business result and organization goal.
2. Plan/Schedule supply coverage for 3months (90 days) rolling to ensure COS.
3. Responsible on DSI Management to ensure daily replenishment activities for factories and ODMs to ensure meeting customer DSI target.
4. Responsible for a well-balanced demand supply of required material and timely delivery of the highest quality with the lowest cost.
5. Maintain continuity of supply by working closely with marketing/ planning to gain deeper understanding of the market needs and strategy.
6. Work hand in hand with suppliers to maintain healthy inventory level.
7. Forward planning to shift demand or supply accordingly and able make necessary highlights to drive for end desired state /result.
8. Able to participate in group activity to develop and drive for process enhancement.
9. Metrics oriented and ensure all metrics are being prioritized with proper activities in place to meet the goals.
10. Involve in project to design, develop and deploy of new tools, process enhancement with the goal to drive efficiency in daily operation.
1. > 5 years of hands on experience with supply chain planning.
2. University degree with >3 Years buying / planning experience or equivalent.
3. Good Working knowledge of driving demand / supply balancing via negotiation with various cross functional team in planning, marketing and procurement.
4. Strong in Excel and Power Point tools.
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills, mandarin proficiencies an added advantage.
2. Proven ability to understand and solve business issues.
3. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on multiple tasks.
4. Drive for result and problem solving.
5. Demonstrated ability to generate innovative solutions.
6. Ability to adapt/flexibility to change.
7. Require Holiday On-site support whenever is needed.
8. Able to work under high pressure with minimal supervision.
1. Strong in Excel and Power Point tools.
2. Ability to manage competing priorities across tasks.
3. Strong in Problem solving and Analytical Skills.
4. Ability to interact with peers and upper management.
5. Ability to manage daily routine tasks with minimum supervision.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dellhere .