Advisor, Inventory Management
Bukit Mertajam, MalaysiaJob ID R36563 Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisor, Inventory Management (I7) on our Materials & Procurement team in Dell APCC2, Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
When you’re creating technology for a changing world, you need to know where you stand in terms of your inventory. Our Inventory Management team within Materials and Procurement takes charge of the security and accountability of our inventory by documenting transactions, verifying processes and procedures and reviewing systems. We conduct physical inventories and lead cycle counts, correcting discrepancies where possible. We also audit incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure quality and accuracy.
The Inventory Management team play a huge part in the protection of Dell’s physical assets & the integrity of it’s Financial/Inventory system of record. The primary function of this role is to perform system to system reconciliation between Dell & our 3PL inventory systems of record at a transactional level to understand any variance. The Inventory Management Analyst will report to the Dell Penang Inventory Management Senior manager. This role will cover Inventory management at the following businesses - Fulfillment Logistics, Reverse Logistics & Original design manufacturers.
• Coordinate inventory process activities to support global inventory control team.
• Ensure financial reliability through detail inventory system to system reconciliations, analysis, monitoring, and audits.
• Establish and manage stakeholders communication process
• Assess physical and system inventory controls for compliance with Dell policy requirements.
• Identify issues driving inventory variances or operational or systematic issues and develop solutions that address the root-cause.
• Lead & involve heavily in detailed analysis / transactional mismatch solutions
• Lead and drive innovation and transformation initiatives.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance/Accounting or IT.
- Advanced analytical skill with Bachelor degree is required.
- Ability to perform data queries and analytical procedure to large datasets.
- Ability to analyze operational and financial information to develop solutions.
- Experience with inventory warehouse systems.
- MS computer skills in Excel, Access & Power Point.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re skilled at analyzing data and identifying trends, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.