Vulnerability Management Consultant - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R28969 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry. Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Vulnerability Management Consultant position is part of a team who delivers world-class compliance and security-focused solutions.
Our future colleague will work with the Engineering Team and top enterprise clients and will act as a technical point of contact for their Vulnerability Management services. Our future colleague should be knowledgeable of vulnerability management tools and processes, should understand penetration testing methodology and be able to communicate pen testing findings to managers and network administrators; as well as developing new techniques and methodologies in order to orchestrate remediation for decreasing risk postures.
- Responsible for working with DSWs VMS Dedicated Team Architect to assist with understanding threat data and vulnerabilities found on clients network;
- Maintain knowledge of outstanding vulnerability management issues and communicate updates to Client as appropriate;
- Collaborate with program management and Client teams to create both tactical and strategic plans (establish and communicate a clear vision and ensure short term issues do not overtake strategic goals);
- Serve as an escalation point for all local Client technical issues requiring support within the Vulnerability Management offering;
- Provide Vulnerability Assessment Scanning and guidance, False Positive Validation, Attestation Signing, Compliance Scanning and policy creation using the various scanning tools;
- Provide technical authority, vision, documentation of operational procedures and guidance to ensure the continued evolution of Secureworks Managed Vulnerability offerings.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical security support role focused on vulnerability management programs
- Experience with Vulnerability Management platforms such as QualysGuard, Nessus, Rapid 7
- Ability to present to customer, solution, lead readiness and customer engagement;
- Great communicator and confident to drive C-level programs and meetings;
- Experience with network and application security testing tools and scripting languages map, Paros, Perl and Python
- Strong network engineering experience with Linux/Unix, - Windows, and network infrastructure administration;
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with stakeholders like customer support or executive leadership teams, vendors, etc.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or another relevant technical field
- Two or more of the following certifications or related: CISSP, CISM, GLSC, GCIH, ECSA, VMS vendor related Certified Specialist
- Experience with tools like OpenSSL, Burp, etc.
Why work with us?
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.