Transition and Transformation Consultant - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R032541 Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
Transition and Transformation Consultant Bucharest, Romania
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Transition and Transformation Consultant is in charge with setting up the technical part of the readiness and onboarding process for a new security project. The T&T Consultant is part of the Residency Readiness Team and is a Subject Matter Expert for tools, connectivity areas and has to be a technical trainer for main security project's tools and defining/validating technical work instructions.
- Ensuring the delivery of the related Readiness process deliverables (connectivity solution, Operational Runbook, technical training) in due time for a fast move to steady state phase;
- Participating with the Readiness Project Manager in the Environment Discovery and Validation phase;
- Participating with the client in the definition and implementation of information security policies, strategies, procedures and settings to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of client's environment and data;
- Participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into processes and systems; evaluating new / emerging security products and technologies and making recommendations to customer leadership in regards to the security posture impact on the organization;
- Evaluate client's existing operational procedures and propose/create new improved operational work streams reflected into Runbook;
- Ensure that Runbook and workflows are keep up to date;
- Help Dell SecureWorks analysts team in asking from the client the right level of access in security tools;
- Help the Steady State Security Operations Manager during the Readiness phase by collecting relevant operational and governance data and explore methods to compile specific operational metrics;
- Help analysts team to fully understand the Runbook and workflows and act as a trainer in idle times;
- Identifying information security weaknesses and/or gaps in the client's current operations and working with the client to bring information security operations up to standards;
- Participating and representing information security in delivery / operational meetings; conducting an information security operational review meeting with account (e.g., Client Delivery Executive) and client (e.g., CISO) key stakeholders with topics including information security status and performance;
- Weekly reviewing service management reports to ensure tickets (i.e., incidents, problems, requests, changes), related to information security, are being acknowledged, worked and Service Level Agreements are being met; providing direction on ticket remediation and ensuring remediation is complete by keeping workshops to provide hands-on feedback for performed investigations;
- Conducting an ongoing security awareness program for Dell SecureWorks personnel supporting the client ensuring individuals understand and are compliant with the relevant information security obligations in support of the client; program should address relevant security topics and adequately provide guidance on security policies and supporting documentation;
- Cultivating trusted partner relationships with account and client; keeping consistent and open dialogue to uncover issues, challenges, risks;
- Create and continuously improve training documentation and held technical training for other projects (Internship, Community of Practice, etc.).
- 5+ years of information security experience and a strong knowledge of standards / regulations / frameworks impacting information security (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, ITIL);
- In-depth knowledge of end-point security architecture and protection strategies. Can include hands-on experience overseeing/managing common end-point security technologies (i.e., AV, Encryption, Spam/Spyware, Personal Firewalls, as well as other protection capabilities such as GPO management and mobile security strategies);
- Experience in writing technical documentation, such as Runbooks and workflow;
- Knowledge about machine learning technology and SIEM (e.g. Hexadite, Darktrace, Splunk, QRadar);
- Knowledge about ticketing systems;
- Client relationship management experience at the senior level;
- Experience with information security internal & external audits, contract compliance, and quality initiatives;
- Strong oral and written communications.
- At least one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM;
- Ability to read contracts and interpret information security contractual requirements;
- Ability to grasp complex issues to arrive at optimal solutions;
- Ability to influence and work across a highly matrixed organization;
- Drive for results;
- Strong ethics and integrity;
- Ability to adjust to new situations.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell Secureworks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. Our Bucharest office is vital to Dell Secureworks. It serves as our core Security Centre of Excellence hub for EMEA. It’s a large, modern, open plan space conveniently located in AFI Business Park, which is a short walk to the AFI Palace Cotroceni Mall. Our team have access to complimentary fresh coffee and fruit or they can take a break in the games or break out area.
As a leading technology employer, we actively encourage further development for our employees. This is done through our range of internal training programs, training affiliation with SANS GIAC, various vendors, and encouragement for the team to go technology conferences or even our regular company hackathons.
Dell Secureworks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.