Threat Intelligence Advisor - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R043088 Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
- Proactively identify public or private threats and translate that into actionable intelligence with a reasonably low false positive rate that can be fed into various security controls
- Build threat use cases based on the IOCs provided by the threat intelligence feeds
- Helps to define, ratify, maintain and improve the Cyber Intelligence collection standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the enterprise
- Continuously assess intelligence needs and sources against requirements and the organizations future state
- Conducts research and evaluation of technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures focusing on the threat to networked platforms
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research, and analysis of classified, closed source, and open source information
- Prepares advice and consults on various options and methodologies adopted in tackling information security and cybersecurity challenges including the pros and cons of countermeasures, proactive measures, and other risk mitigation activities
- Responds to research requests from the clients' security businesses with timely and accurate assessments
- 3+ years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, software development, and/or TCP/IP network administration
- Relevant experience with a variety of commercial security-related contexts, including threat research, intelligence analysis, link analysis, vulnerability analysis, network and host security tools, incident response, digital forensics, malware analysis, cloud computing, virtualization or mobile security
- Intrusion Analysis, Host Based forensics, Network Forensics, or Malware Analysis experience. Technical knowledge of fundamental internet infrastructure and application layer protocols to include TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, etc.
- Ability to identify, research, characterize, and authoritatively communicate new emerging security threats across the security spectrum to include publication, presentation, and defining appropriate countermeasures
- Ability to communicate and present complex technical information clearly and effectively to internal and client stakeholders in both written and verbal form
- Limited travel when required
- Demonstrated and recognized expertise in at least one aspect of information security, to include significant publication and/or presentation of new or novel research topic to public forum, conference, or media outlet
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and pursuing strategic and complex areas of security research in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to include defining appropriate policies, practices, and countermeasures
- CISSP, GIAC, EC-Council or SSCP certification preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 4-6 years of relevant experience; or Graduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other applicable field plus 2-4 years of relevant experience; or 8+ years of relevant combination of education and work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.