Technical Support Specialist - German Speaker
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R023705 Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Specialist - German Speaker on our Technical Support team in Bucharest.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Technical Support Senior Technician provides remote technical support expertise (via telephone, web or e-mail) in a complex information infrastructure environment with the need to integrate Dell Technology products and systems with other Dell Technology and non-Dell Technology computer systems being operated by customers. He or she has the ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both Dell Technology's business operations and the business operations of Dell Technology customers.
- Provide first-level support and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify technical defects/issues
- Assign and escalate incidents in line with documented guidelines and procedures
- Actively support the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident
- Clearly and concisely log and track details of solutions provided to resolve customer issue (logs all ACD calls, emails, chat and call-backs) maintaining and updating customer database
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of service offerings along with future industry products and technologies
- Attend required technical training sessions and make effective use of assigned lab time
- Fluent communication skills in English and German
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Good organisational, interpersonal and customer handling skills
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Windows Applications and Operating systems and good skills in software issues
- Working knowledge of PC architecture/technology
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.