Solution Architect - Dell Financial Services
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R34295 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Solution Architect Dell Financial Services
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Dell Financial Services at Dell, we are looking for a Solution Architect join our team in Bucharest.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Dell Financial Services Solution Architect is an expert in the fundamental skills of architecture and has been a practicing business, information, infrastructure, or systems architect. The Architect has melded appropriate business and industry understanding to superior skills in technology, thus allowing them to demonstrate value to shareholders and stakeholders alike through demonstrated leadership skills and the delivery of innovative strategy. They participate as equals in the business strategy development space, making technology a fundamental investment tool to meet the organizations objectives. With their strong skills, they participate in all aspects of technology innovation as partners with IT and business leaders for transformation.
- Own strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems, including reducing total cost of ownership, modernizing the architecture, and innovation to support the business. Manage the risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, technology leaders, architects and development teams accords the functional areas. Develop and communicate a vision for the company’s strategy and technology with business and technology leaders.
- Develop a future state technical architecture vision, aligned to the business strategy, and transition states to achieve that technology vision.
- Design applications and services to support domain and program demands ensuring high levels of scalability and resilience, Industry competitive measure of performance, seamless and responsive customer experience, security and data privacy.
- Define Infrastructure strategy for applications, drive transition of applications and services to cloud based platforms, identify use cases to adopt innovative technologies to drive business transformation.
- Promote adoption of test driven development, automated testing, continuous integration and delivery processes to deliver value faster.
- Promote predictive and automated capabilities as part of the transformation, develop Proof of concepts to validate technology opportunities. Publish technical whitepapers and architecture documentations on standards, guidelines, and innovation.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business, technology ecosystem and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, and how technology helps the organization achieve its strategic goals.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, or related degree with a minimum of 10+ years of combined architecture and software engineering experience, or a Graduate degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Experience developing architectures enabling digital transformation within a business.
- The ability to apply architectural principles, visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the enterprise architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, commitment oriented, team player, win-win negotiator, ability to manage conflict,
- Experience with solutions from Dell, Pivotal, VMWare and other Dell Technologies.
- Experience working in a Financial Services environment, preferably with knowledge of Leasing and Commerce platforms. Knowledge of financial modeling as it pertains to IT investment
- Experience with private, public and hybrid cloud architecture and services.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.