Major Incident Manager - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R79927 Date posted Dec. 04, 2018
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world.Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Major Incident Manager is responsible for managing an unplanned interruption or degradation of an IT Service that causes an impact to business operations directly or indirectly affecting a large number of users, depriving the business of one or more crucial services.
The Major Incident Manger role will operate as part of a rotational shift that will cover 24/7 and it will be responsible for leading major incidents that fall within their shift. This is a highly visible position that requires frequent contact with Senior Leadership and the ability to operate and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
This role will also lead/coordinate Global Service Desk (GSD) and end-user productivity initiatives. The major Incident Manager role requires a combination of process and project expertise, as well as IT technical experience.
As a Major Incident Manager, you will be responsible for working with other teams on the restoration of our Technology services.
- Co-ordinate the relevant resource and teams required to support live major incidents;
- Major Incident Manager is empowered to lead MI process during MI events;
- Ensure the incidents are managed to the correct service level agreement (SLA) timescales;
- Ensure that major incidents are resolved and closed without undue delay.
- Ensure all Major Incidents have accurate business impact statements, ongoing actions, detailed recovery plans that are communicated to the correct audience throughout the incident management tool;
- The Major Incident Management function manages and coordinates the resolution of high impact Major Incidents to minimize business disruption;
- Work alongside other MIM members, Change, Problem Management teams as required within the operational arena;
- Attend Change Management meetings and review changes daily to see if there are any outages expected after a change;
- Maintain effective communication across the board in terms of technical team members and leadership;
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that events, alerts and changes are defined and understood to enable faster response to incidents;
- Work with other IT teams to ensure tasks resulting from incidents are identified and fixed to the appropriate timescales;
- Takes advantage of every opportunity to communicate relevant information remaining mindful of the audience (e.g. translates complex/technical issues to meet the audience's competency level)
- Perform accurate and precise real-time investigation and triage of Infrastructure alerts.
- Provisioning user’s accounts and custom roles on multiple systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information, depending upon the audience;
- Experience of data analysis and trending with ability to identify improvements and actions;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow processes and procedures;
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes and services;
- Ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex technical situations under pressure;
- Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people;
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations;
- Ability to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently;
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the business processes;
- Excellent team player;
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment;
- Previous Major Incident, Problem Management and Change Management experience;
- 5+ experience with managing technology used in a large infrastructure environment (i.e. Linux, Networking, Servers, Databases, Web Infrastructure, Storage);
- Basic experience with MySQL
- Network / Host Monitoring experience: Nagios, AlertSite.
- Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical incidents;
- ITIL certified or LPIC 1 certified;
- Experience of working in a similar role;
- Experience of using the ServiceNow ITSM platform;
- Deeper technical understanding of the Technical IT infrastructure;
Why work with us?
Life at Secureworks (a Dell Technologies Company) means collaborating with, learning from, and partnering with some of the brightest security professionals in the industry. Our dedicated team members share a passion for technology and for protecting our clients. When we see an opportunity for improvement, we eagerly accept the challenge and are energized by finding a better solution. Our winning culture is brought to life by our team members who proudly demonstrate our Core Values everyday: Clients First, Integrity, Ownership, Respectful Honesty, and Innovation. These values have successfully guided our decisions and actions since our entrepreneurial roots and set the tone for us as we aspire to be the global leader in cybersecurity solutions. We invest in our global team, and offer resources, tools, and programs that empower all of us to learn, grow, and fulfill our potential on a daily basis.
If you are eager to pursue a career in cybersecurity - and not just find a job - consider joining the team that is Collectively Smarter. Together, we help our clients to be Exponentially Safer.
“At the end of the day,
If we can protect our clients,
Nothing else matters.
If we cannot protect our clients,
Nothing else matters.”