Information Security Sr. Analyst – Dell Secureworks – Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R92344 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.”
We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Be a part of an exciting and growing team that deals with information security attacks and incident response situations on a daily basis! As a critical member of the team, you will receive alerts and respond to activity within the clients’ environment detected by using Secureworks Managed Security Services and tools. You will be responsible for investigating high alerts, determining the source of the threat, the extent to which client assets have been compromised, making recommendations and implementing remediation.
- This role will function as a SOC Analyst. You will receive alerts/events/tickets detected by Dell Secureworks Managed Security Services and respond by performing different activities within the client’s environment;
- In this position you will be responsible for investigating high alerts, determining the source of the threat, the extent to which client assets have been compromised, making recommendations for remediation, and assisting in the implementation;
- Perform analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from SIEM tools (Splunk, CTP, ArchSight, Q-Radar), network and host based IDS, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, mid-range, applications and databases;
- Collaborate with Line of Business technical teams for resolution and mitigation of detected issues;
- Provide input for operational runbooks;
- Routinely interact with vulnerability and threat management teams and incorporate feedback into information security applications;
- Supervise different incident response actions with internal and external teams while owning the responsibility for the incident/event until complete closure;
- Knowledge sharing activities: participating in Community of Practice sessions recommended by TL;
- 1-3 years’ experience in IT&C;
- Previous experience in raw log files review, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewalls logs, network flows, intrusion detection systems, system logs);
- Awareness of Information Security concepts (malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management);
- Previous customer support experience including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling and reporting;
- Industry certification from vendors (ie: Cisco, Juniper, CompTIA, ITIL, Unix, Microsoft, Oracle, AWS;
- Experience in adjacent areas (Security Operations Center, Network Operations Center, System Administrator, Platform/Tool Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk support;
- Previous experience in following and procedures, step by step documentations, workflows and runbooks;
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package. We are in a large, modern, open plan space conveniently located in AFI Business Park 4&5, near AFI Palace Cotroceni Mall.
Our Bucharest office is vital to Dell Secureworks. It serves as our core Security Centre of Excellence hub for EMEA. Dell Secureworks is 24x7x365 operations environment, and depending client and business needs you will be required to work a rotating shift.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell Secureworks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential.
As a leading technology employer, we actively encourage further development for our employees. This is done through our range of internal training programmes, training affiliation with SANS GIAC, various vendors, and encouragement for the team to go technology conferences or even our regular company hackathons.
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.