Digital Forensic Investigator
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R88616 Date posted Feb. 04, 2019
Digital Forensic Investigator
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Organization at Dell, we are looking for a Digital Forensic Investigator to join our team in Bucharest.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Lead small and medium sized investigations, coordinating tasks and resources from corporate legal, ethics, security, and IT teams.
- Manage multiple investigation requests through the entire lifecycle of Initiation, Data Collection, Analysis, and Data Production.
- Participate in designing, testing and deployment of new forensic or eDiscovery tools or solutions.
- Participate on Incident Response teams as forensic SME.
- Work with vendors for problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Standardize process and procedures and provide continual improvement.
- Degree in IT or 6+ years of enterprise IT experience working with MS Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Understands advanced concepts of investigations, evidence handling and computer forensics. Familiar with incident management procedures.
- Experience with one or more major computer forensic and eDiscovery products in an enterprise environment (OpenText/Guidance Software, Access Data, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of file systems and underlying data structures. Experience with SQL based database platforms.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must work well independently and with others as part of larger team and be able to collaborate on cross functional teams.
- Working knowledge of system events and associated logs. Familiar with Data Privacy laws and the associated security requirements.
- EnCE, ACE or GCFE certification. CISSP or similar Security certifications
- Experience with deploying and updating virtual servers on VMware or Hyper-V. Message archival system (Enterprise Vault, SourceOne, Exchange, etc.)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.