CTU Vulnerability Senior Analyst - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R043620 Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Secureworks Counter Threat Unit (CTU) is a world-renowned group of elite security experts dedicated to identifying, analyzing, and developing countermeasures to the constant flow of threats and vulnerabilities. Our mission is to protect Secureworks' clients, support members of our Security Operations Centers (SOCs), support clients during complex incident response engagements, and drive innovation to enhance Secureworks' capabilities to detect, resist, and respond to threats.
The CTU Vulnerability Analysis team is dedicated to reporting recent Threat Intelligence activity that may present a potential risk to the enterprise. As a CTU Vulnerability Analyst you will be involved in discovering, researching, and assessing the significance of emerging security vulnerabilities and threats; collaborating with other security professionals to ensure our deliverables are maintained to the highest standards; and performing work related to the continual improvement of our processes, procedures, and proprietary applications. Your expertise will be used to notify, educate, and support our clients as well as internal stakeholders with accurate, concise, detail-oriented, and actionable information on the emerging threats that may impact their environment.
Maintain and execute all vulnerability reporting processes to drive customer protections:
- Monitor, aggregate, and triage information from vulnerability sources for input into threat databases
- Analyze vulnerability information and provide a comprehensive report for publication to the Secureworks Customer Portal
- Participate in peer review of day-to-day quality of work for other Vulnerability Analysts
- Provide support to internal teams and clients
- Initiate and apply innovation via short-to-moderate term projects to improve process efficiency and service value
- 2+ years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, software development, and/or TCP/IP network administration
- 2+ years of experience with a variety of security-related processes, including secure coding practices, patch management, vulnerability analysis, or IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of vulnerability classes and industry-standard classification schemes (CVE, CVSSv2, CVSSv3, CWE, CPE)
- Ability to analyze a software vulnerability in order to appropriately characterize threat, provide remediation advice, and assign a meaningful severity score/priority
- Theoretical understanding of programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python, PHP, or similar)
- Strong technical communication skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Inherent passion for information security and service excellence
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Experience training and mentoring less experienced technical staff
- CISSP, GCIA, OSCP, SSCP, or similar certification
- Experience with database queries and structures
- Basic understanding of regular expressions
Our Bucharest office is vital to Dell Secureworks. It serves as our core Security Centre of Excellence hub for EMEA. Dell Secureworks is 24x7x365 operations environment, and depending client and business needs you will be required to work a rotating shift
Here are more reasons to join our team!
Take a look at what we offer and feel free to reach out to us for more details!
- Development programs and cyber security trainings/ certifications – because we grow together
- Internal Career Progression Plan for top performers - we encourage you to follow internal opportunities
- Regular workshops – we are the largest community of cyber security experts and we enjoy sharing our best practices during our Communities of Practice and to our trainees
- Great location – multiple ways to get to work – subway, tram, even your own car – also your lunch just around the corner - you can find us at AFI Park 4-5 and Campus 6
- Work from home policy – your time matters
- Relaxation Area – because a good gaming break never hurt nobody
- Weekly professional massage sessions and even our own massage chairs
- Medical and Dental subscription – flexible package and you can include your family members
- Life Insurance
- Weekly fresh fruits – vitamins are important for your health
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Internal Employee Rewarding System/ Tool – we value working as a team and we recognize each other’s efforts
- Meal tickets
Why work with us?
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.