CTU Vulnerability Analyst - Dell Secureworks - Bucharest, Romania
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R90033 Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Secureworks Counter Threat Unit (CTU) is a world-renowned group of elite security experts dedicated to identifying, analyzing, and developing countermeasures to the constant flow of threats and vulnerabilities. Our mission is to protect Secureworks' clients, support members of our Security Operations Centers (SOCs), support clients during complex incident response engagements, and drive innovation to enhance Secureworks' capabilities to detect, resist, and respond to threats.
The CTU Vulnerability Analysis team is dedicated to reporting recent Threat Intelligence activity that may present a potential risk to the enterprise. As a CTU Vulnerability Analyst you will be involved in discovering, researching, and assessing the significance of emerging security vulnerabilities and threats; collaborating with other security professionals to ensure our deliverables are maintained to the highest standards; and performing work related to the continual improvement of our processes, procedures, and proprietary applications. Your expertise will be used to notify, educate, and support our clients as well as internal stakeholders with accurate, concise, detail-oriented, and actionable information on the emerging threats that may impact their environment.
Maintain and execute all vulnerability reporting processes to drive customer protections:
- Monitor, aggregate, and triage information from vulnerability sources for input into threat databases
- Analyze vulnerability information and provide a comprehensive report for publication to the Secureworks Customer Portal
- Participate in peer review of day-to-day quality of work for other Vulnerability Analysts
- Provide support to internal teams and clients
- Initiate and apply innovation via short-to-moderate term projects to improve process efficiency and service value
- 2+ years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, software development, and/or TCP/IP network administration
- 2+ years of experience with a variety of security-related processes, including secure coding practices, patch management, vulnerability analysis, or IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of vulnerability classes and industry-standard classification schemes (CVE, CVSSv2, CVSSv3, CWE, CPE)
- Ability to analyze a software vulnerability in order to appropriately characterize threat, provide remediation advice, and assign a meaningful severity score/priority
- Theoretical understanding of programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python, PHP, or similar)
- Strong technical communication skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Inherent passion for information security and service excellence
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Experience training and mentoring less experienced technical staff
- CISSP, GCIA, OSCP, SSCP, or similar certification
- Experience with database queries and structures
- Basic understanding of regular expressions
Why work with us?
Life at Secureworks (a Dell Technologies Company) means collaborating with, learning from, and partnering with some of the brightest security professionals in the industry. Our dedicated team members share a passion for technology and for protecting our clients. When we see an opportunity for improvement, we eagerly accept the challenge and are energized by finding a better solution. Our winning culture is brought to life by our team members who proudly demonstrate our Core Values everyday: Clients First, Integrity, Ownership, Respectful Honesty, and Innovation. These values have successfully guided our decisions and actions since our entrepreneurial roots and set the tone for us as we aspire to be the global leader in cybersecurity solutions. We invest in our global team, and offer resources, tools, and programs that empower all of us to learn, grow, and fulfill our potential on a daily basis.
If you are eager to pursue a career in cybersecurity - and not just find a job - consider joining the team that is Collectively Smarter. Together, we help our clients to be Exponentially Safer.
“At the end of the day,
If we can protect our clients,
Nothing else matters.
If we cannot protect our clients,
Nothing else matters.”