Business Intelligence Senior Adviser
Dublin, Ireland, Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R037961 Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
Business Intelligence Senior Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Intelligence Senior Advisor on our Business Intelligence team in Dublin, Ireland OR Bucharest, Romania.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell is driven by data. Our business is built on the understanding that data creates value and drives progress. So we take the stewardship of our data very seriously. That’s the vital role played by Business Intelligence teams within Business Support. Internal clients across Dell rely on us to analyze, test, validate and maintain the integrity of data. We make use of leading-edge software and tools to collect, mine and interpret data and the statistical analyses and reports we produce inform decisions with a global impact.
- Develop data flows (ETL) and data infrastructure solutions, including data modeling on various databases (Oracle, Teradata and Microsoft Sql Server)
- Develop complete automated process for recurrent reporting and write SQL queries to solve ad-hoc request
- Use different technology like Microsoft Cubes, Business Objects and Tableau to deliver high impact reporting to our internal customer (EMEA, ANZ);
- Detect data inconsistency or quality issues, investigate their root causes and drive data quality improvements
- Serves as a requirements analyst in determining reporting needs for business partners
- Documentation for develop process and reports from a business and technical perspective
- Offer support for the current process: update, modify and correct.
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence and analysis
- Experience in one or more of the following: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Cubes, Business Objects (Universe, report development), Tableau.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights;
- Passion for data insights, highly self-motivated, goal-oriented, good collaboration inside and outside team;
- Fluent in English
- Open to working flexible hours
- Experience in banking or a financial services organization
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, forecasting or predictive analytics
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.