Advisor, Vulnerability Management and Remediation (SRO)
Bucharest, RomaniaJob ID R88923 Date posted Feb. 01, 2019
Advisor, Vulnerability Management and Remediation
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Vulnerability Management Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team, based in Mexico. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & managing vulnerability management and remediation activities in an enterprise.
- Leads and drives remediation efforts with IT and application teams for vulnerability and security issues identified.
- Analyzes security issues, determines cause and impact and identifies the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the event from happening in the future.
- Exhibits good understanding of vulnerability validation, re-production, and remedy advice and vulnerability research skills.
- Actively engages with various internal stakeholders including development, IT, product owners, legal, corporate communications, brand and other relevant teams in Cybersecurity to conduct holistic response management.
- Actively reviews public and private vulnerability notifications/disclosures, consume research findings and vulnerability scans to identify risk, utilize industry standard risk methodologies to rank and prioritize them and prioritize remediation and/or mitigation.
- Collaborates with IT Service Centers and Business units to determine reporting and metrics needs and share and present reporting and metrics to Cybersecurity and IT Management.
- A degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major; or 4 years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity.
- Risk minded, pro-active, time-sensitive, and determined individuals are highly desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies and security attack vectors.
- Good technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Understands what escalations are, and how to deal with them.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Collaborative / Team Player, Self-driven independent and customer-oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills
- CISSP or similar certification advantageous.