Broomfield, ColoradoJob ID R1901822-2 Date posted Mar. 20, 2019
As a Solutions Engineer, you will play a major role as advocate for new technology solutions. These solutions will meet the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle, collaborating with business units, comparing technologies, and performing technical evaluations. You will constantly look at ways to operationally, automate, and improve our public and private cloud services.
- Identify and recommend technical solutions based on business requirements, industry standards, and system growth and future capacity requirements
- Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions for Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds
- Gathering business requirements from service owners and stake holders
- Production Pilot implementation and escalation support in partnership with service owners
- Automation of operational tasks
- Operational ownership during transition period and Transition to service owner
- Document and update product's technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Escalation and on-call support
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering , or Information Technology)
- Strong understanding of fundamentals for application, sever, and network security.
- Basic level of knowledge installing, configuring and supporting VMware vSphere
- Basic level of systems knowledge for supporting Linux, Windows, Web Services, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and networking concepts (e.g. STP, BGP, OSPF, Load-Balancing, VPN)
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and software defined networking
- Minimum 6-8 years of overall experience
If you possess a public portfolio or project that you would like to showcase. Please include it.
- Designed or built a website or app
- Github repository