Regional Escalation Manager
Broomfield, ColoradoJob ID R1902499 Date posted Feb. 25, 2019
- Act as the primary interface for local escalation management with regards to VSAN customer escalations.
- Prioritize & drive escalations with Continuing Product Development (CPD) to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure.
- Ensure the customer’s voice is heard throughout the escalation process.
- Set correct expectations and drive relief and resolution through effective communication.
- Monitor customer Problem Reports (PR’s) and work with the Global Escalation Manager and engineering to ensure appropriate resources have been allocated and the SR’s/PR’s are being actively handled in an appropriate manner.
- Provide regular regional status updates for all escalated Service Requests.
- Identify, trend, document escalation trends & collaborate with the Product Support Engineering organization on product defects and trends.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure functions required in escalations management.
- Analyze escalation performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the Global Escalation Manager and other REM’s to ensure process alignment and best practice refinement.
- Review and root cause all escalated service requests and use this information to effect continuous improvement within the service delivery teams.
- Create and maintain lines of communication with field teams (SE, Sales, and TAMs).
- Travel to customer sites and VMware offices as required.
- Take an active role on escalated critical customer issues as may be required.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be available to cover the weekend shifts as required
- Customer Focus
- Display a strong sense of urgency
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive escalations through defined process to resolution
- 5-7 years in technical support preferably of a software product, and ideally an enterprise software product
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing people across functional boundaries
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with global or international operations
- Ability to work effectively in high stress situations
- BS Computer Science or equivalent